Why Should You Relocate to Harford County, & Baltimore County?
Featured Homes for Sale
Communities of Harford County, & Baltimore County
Harford County, & Baltimore County Helpful Relocation Tips
Let's face it; moving day is no picnic! Packing and moving is never easy, whether you're moving to the other side of town or across the country. Use this essential checklist to help make your move to Harford County, & Baltimore County as seamless and stress-free as possible!
Before You Move
Don't wait until the last minute! Start packing and planning as soon as possible to alleviate some of the stress.
- Start one room at a time and begin to organize and declutter. Set aside anything that can be donated, sold, or thrown away. The less stuff you have, the less you'll have to pack!
- Host a yard sale to get rid of any unwanted clothing, furniture, or decor. You can also consider donating any shoes or clothing that are in good condition.
- It usually takes a few weeks for the post office to process your change of address and start forwarding your mail, so request it at least two weeks before the move.
On Moving Day
It's not just the packing that's overwhelming - moving day itself can be very stressful if you're not prepared. Here are some tips for a low-stress moving day.
- Don't pack your most important essentials and emergency prep items - like first aid supplies, medication, financial records, medical records, IDs, and other important documentation or high-value items. Always keep them with you.
- If you make it home before the moving truck, make sure you're prepared with things like a change of clothes, your toiletries, and a phone charger.
- Keep your moving foreman's content information with you in case you need to contact your movers for any reason. It's also handy to have your Bill of Loading and shipment registration number with you.
After You Move
- It's much easier to deep-clean your bathrooms and kitchen before they're loaded down with all your stuff (or before you're too tired to clean!). Clean first, unpack second.
- Make the seemingly endless process smaller by breaking it down into several smaller projects, and do them in order of importance.
- Don't forget to smile... Your new life in your new place just began. Welcome home.
Still Have Questions or Ready to Buy a Home in Harford County, & Baltimore County?
If you're ready to find the perfect home in Harford County, & Baltimore County or you have any questions about buying a home or real estate in Harford County, & Baltimore County, then it's time to contact Lee Tessier Team. We're your local guide to all things Harford County, & Baltimore County and we're more than happy to help! Want to learn more about buying a home in Harford County, & Baltimore County? We've got plenty of resources to help you out!